Hand Therapy Center
Physical therapy is often associated with legs, knees, or ankles following injuries or surgical procedures — however, our upper extremities often need that same care and attention.
At the Hand Therapy Center, our certified hand therapists offer important therapeutic treatment programs for patients at our facility, including those who have undergone surgery or are pursuing non-surgical treatment plans. Together, we can help you recuperate quickly and recover full use of your forearm, wrist, hand, elbow, and shoulder.
Hand Physical Therapy Services
Our services leverage therapeutic modalities to address your hand injury or disease, potentially helping you avoid hand surgery. We also have therapeutic rehabilitation services available for complete treatment following hand surgery. For both post-surgical and non-surgical rehab, hand therapists work closely with the surgeons and doctors at the Hand Center of Louisiana to monitor treatment effectiveness and results to ensure all steps are taken to return you to a comfortable and productive lifestyle.
Our complete therapy services are tailored to your condition and can include:
- Conditioning programs: Our physical conditioning programs include preventive and non-operative pain management, helping you gain strength in the affected area.
- Hand injury treatment: We offer hand injury treatment, including splint fabrication, wound care, and scar management.
- Occupational therapy: Our occupational therapy services help you train for daily living activities, from brushing your teeth to getting dressed.
- Re-education services: If you’ve experienced a nerve injury, we will help you regain your sensory perception in the affected area.
Hand Injuries and Conditions We Treat
The Hand Therapy Center is here to help treat any injury or condition you face. Our physical therapy hand specialists will work to create an individualized program according to your needs and health goals.
From chronic conditions to acute injuries, many factors may result in the need for hand therapy. Some of the most common injuries and conditions we treat include:
- Carpal tunnel: Carpal tunnel is one of the most treated conditions at our facility. We will assess your condition’s severity and offer treatment options accordingly.
- Sports injuries: Overworking joints while playing sports is common. We have helped treat any sports injuries from golf hand to tennis elbow.
- Rheumatoid arthritis: Over time, the cartilage that lubricates joints wears down, causing bone to rub on bone. Our treatments can range from surgical to non-surgical solutions, depending on your condition.
- Fractures: Whether a fracture results from a fall or traffic accident, we can properly set the bone to heal correctly.
- Other injuries: We can treat more than those listed, properly caring for wounds, scars, and burns.
Our Certified Hand Therapists
The Hand Therapy Center team specializes in therapeutic treatments of the forearm, wrist, hand, elbow, and shoulder. Our certified hand therapists (CHTs) maintain the highest certification in hand therapy. Before earning this credential, each hand therapy specialist must pass a rigorous certification exam and work extensively in treating hand and upper extremity disorders.
Our certified hand therapists work closely with our orthopaedic surgeons to develop an individualized therapy program for every patient. Whether you have a minor injury or a severe trauma, we are here throughout your condition to help you heal and quickly return to productive lifestyles.
Was able to get appointment quickly, front desk and check in for new patient was very easy. Wait time was minimal. Everything was explained by doctor. My 1st visit today very nice staff Dr George is incredible! He helped us back in 2010 My son plays the piano and can use his hand and arm wonderfully. Thank you Dr George!
Was able to get appointment quickly, front desk and check in for new patient was very easy. Wait time was minimal. Everything was explained by doctor.
My 1st visit today very nice staff
Dr George is incredible! He helped us back in 2010 My son plays the piano and can use his hand and arm wonderfully. Thank you Dr George!
Request an Appointment
If you are a current patient of the Hand Center of Louisiana or are experiencing a hand or upper extremity issue needing medical attention, we encourage you to contact us. Our highly trained orthopaedic surgeons will evaluate your condition to determine the best treatment plan for you, which may include hand therapy.
Once recommended by our physicians, our certified hand therapists can develop an individual physical therapy program tailored to your specific needs. Use the contact form below to schedule your appointment today!