The complex nature of medical insurance requires that we obtain accurate and complete information about your insurance coverage and benefits prior to your first visit. Therefore, it is necessary to pre-register all new patients at the time of their first contact with our office. Our New Patient Registration Coordinator will require a number of important pieces of information in order to establish your patient account and to begin the process of verifying your benefit coverage. When you speak to our coordinator please be prepared to supply:
- Medical insurance card and specific information about the person covering the cost of your care
- Personal demographics such as address, date of birth and social security number
- Information about your medical problem
- Information about how you were referred to us.
Utilizing this procedure, we work to expedite your first visit with us. In order to avoid charges for non-authorized services or services not covered by your policy, we must verify your benefits and your policy payment information. Charges for non-authorized services or services not covered by your insurance will become your responsibility.
When you arrive for your first appointment, you will be asked to:
- Review and update your personal information
- Review and update your insurance information
- Complete a medical history form
This information is used to establish your medical chart and is critical in helping the doctor plan your treatment needs.