The Best Hand Surgeon in the World
The hand is an important part of our anatomy, which we depend on to live and work. From performing the simplest to the most complex tasks, we rely on healthy, functioning hands. Yet the hands are also the most intricate structures in the body, and when an injury or condition affects them, getting the appropriate care can make a substantial difference in your quality of life.
How to Find the World’s Best Hand Surgeon
While finding the world’s best hand surgeon is not an easy task, there are factors to consider when trying to find the world’s best hand surgeon for your specific needs. To help you evaluate, we suggest the following criteria:
- Specialization – In the world of medicine, specialization matters. When it comes to conditions of the hand, you should seek a physician that is board certified in surgery of the hand and possesses a Subspecialty Certificate in Surgery of the Hand.
- Experience – Experience is another important factor. You should consider how long your physician has practiced in his/her area of specialization.
- Accolades – Another important factor to consider is any awards or nominations your physician has earned in his/her area of specialization. This includes any peer-nominated surveys, which are awards given based on the number of nominations a doctor has earned by fellow physicians in his/her field.
- Methodology – The world’s best surgeon is one that considers both surgical and non-surgical options in the care of your condition. You should find a physician who is committed to pursuing the most appropriate form of treatment for you, whether this involves surgery.
- Location – Another important factor to consider is location. While common conditions such as a cold or the flu call for seeking treatment locally, conditions of the hand may warrant travel if the specialist perfect for your needs resides in another city or state. Again, the hand is an intricate structure that requires the attention of a physician specialized in that part of our anatomy.
- Integration – You should also consider whether your physician offers an integrated, seamless care experience. This means ensuring that the evaluation and treatment, diagnostic testing, subsequent therapeutic measures take place at one location. Integrated care offers the benefit of greater convenience for you (eliminating the need to travel to separate locations or schedule multiple appointments), while also enhancing the efficacy of care by improving its coordination between teams.
Eric R. George, M.D. – The World’s Best Hand Surgeon?
As mentioned previously, finding the world’s best hand surgeon is not an easy task. However, that doesn’t mean that you can’t find the best hand surgeon for your needs. You can, and Dr. Eric R. George may be that physician.
Eric R. George, MD is an orthopaedic surgeon who is board certified in the Subspecialty of Surgery of the Hand and brings more than 28 years as full-time physician specializing in treatment of the hand and upper extremity. Dr. George treats professional athletes for the National Football League (NFL), National Basketball Association (NBA), and Major League Baseball (MLB), as well as celebrities and public figures. Dr. George has provided second medical opinions to every NFL team and remains an active presence in the professional sports world.
Dr. George completed a General Trauma Surgery Residency at Michigan State University, a Fellowship in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Grand Rapids Area Medical Education Center in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and an Orthopaedic Hand and Upper Extremity Reconstructive Fellowship at the Integrated Mayo Clinic in Phoenix, Arizona.
Dr. George is a member of many national, regional, state, and local medical societies, including the Microsurgical Reconstructive Surgery Society, the American Association for Hand Surgery, and the American Society for Surgery of the Hand.
Dr. George has treated a wide range of hand conditions, including some of the following (this is not an exhaustive list):
- Arthritis of the Thumb
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
- DeQuervain’s Tendonitis
- Dupuytren’s Disease
- Ganglion Cysts
- Traumatic Hand Injuries (e.g., amputations)
- Tennis Elbow
- Trigger Fingers
To see a sample of testimonials about Dr. George and his practice, please visit here.
Dr. George is committed to providing patients experience excellent care and clinical outcomes. When facing hand surgery and searching for the world’s best hand surgeon for your needs, consider Eric R. George, M.D.