Hand Surgical Associates
The Hand Surgical Associates comprises the highly trained physicians who practice at Hand Center of Louisiana. Specializing in all conditions of the hand and upper extremity, our experienced orthopaedic specialists combine the upmost knowledge and skill to diagnose and repair injuries, disorders, and diseases related to the hand, wrist, forearm, and shoulder.
At the Hand Center of Louisiana, the physicians at Hand Surgical Associates continue a four-decade legacy of delivering exceptional care to patients across the Gulf South. These orthopaedic specialists remain committed to helping patients explore all avenues of treatment, help relieve pain, and restore comfort and health as soon as possible. The physicians of Hand Surgical Associates include:
- Eric R. George, M.D.
- Charles T. Clasen, M.D.
- Nicholas D. Pappas, M.D.
- Thomas R. Lyons, M.D.
- John F. Nitsche, M.D.
- Charles L. Johnson, M.D.
Our Hand Specialists
Click Physician’s Photo for Video Biography
Physician Membership and Affiliations
Why Choose the Hand Center of Louisiana?
As a fully integrated, freestanding healthcare facility, the Hand Center of Louisiana provides comprehensive treatment of all hand and upper extremity conditions. This includes timely medical evaluation, supported by the expertise of our highly trained physicians and state-of-the-art diagnostic technology; surgical and non-surgical treatment options; and comprehensive therapeutics including physical therapy.
The Hand Center of Louisiana, we believe visiting the doctor should not add to the burden of dealing with a health condition. That’s why we remain committed to providing the kind of friendly, courteous service that makes every appointment reassuring experience. We strive to balance quality surgical care with personal attention, treating each patient with dignity and respect.
The Hand Center of Louisiana Offers:
- Extensive experience treating patients from across the Gulf South for over 40 years
- Patient focused state-of-the-art care that is convenient and affordable
- Superior Hand Surgeons who are recognized as leaders in their field for the treatment and surgery of the hand, wrist, forearm, elbow, and shoulder
- Dedication of more than 50 health care professionals
- Acceptance of all major and minor health plans as well as Worker’s Comp and Self-Insured companies
- Cutting edge Rheumatology services with multiple treatment modalities
- Neurological Test services
- Extensive experience handling workers’ compensation and legal cases, including offering independent medical evaluations; second medical opinions; timely evaluation, treatment, and work status reports; depositions; and court appearances (when necessary)
Common Hand, Wrist, Elbow, and Shoulder Conditions We Treat:
- AC Joint Conditions
- Bicep/Tricep Injuries
- Bicep Tendinitis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Clavicle Fractures
- Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
- Frozen Shoulder
- Ganglion Cysts
- Golf Injuries
- Golfer’s Elbow
- Hand Fractures
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Shoulder Arthritis
- Scaphoid Fracture
- Shoulder Fractures
- Shoulder Impingement
- Shoulder Labrum Tear
- Shoulder Instability
- Shoulder Rotator Cuff Tear
- Tennis Elbow
- Trigger Fingers
- Wrist Fractures
Our Hospital’s Affiliations
Our surgeons are affiliated with three leading surgical facilities in the greater New Orleans area, where they complete all major hand and upper extremity procedures.
These hospitals, all located within a few miles of Hand Center of Louisiana, include:
For ambulatory procedures requiring local anesthetic, all procedures are performed at the Hand Center of Louisiana in its surgical suites.
Request an Appointment
Contact us today to schedule an appointment with one of our experienced hand surgeons, who can evaluate and determine the best course of treatment for your hand or upper extremity issue. Call (504) 454-2191, email email@example.com, or use the form below to connect with our friendly staff, who can help book your initial consultation.